As recommended by the New Zealand Dental Association: a proper tooth brushing technique is essential for keeping your teeth and gums healthy. Brushing and flossing are the two most important ways of removing plaque.
How to brush:
- Brush at least twice daily: at night, before going to sleep and in the morning, after breakfast.
- Use a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Hold your toothbrush at a 45° angle to your gums.
- Brush all tooth surfaces gently and thoroughly by moving your brush back and forth in short tooth-wide strokes.
You can watch a video on how to brush on the Healthy Smiles website.